Equal Time is a virtual meeting app that helps employees run better meetings and achieve their career goals. Founded by two women in 2021, we have developed cutting edge technology that helps you keep track of what is really happening in your virtual meetings, adapt with real-time prompts, and create a welcoming environment for all.
We believe all workplaces should be inclusive, equitable and diverse.
Our mission to support women in their career advancement by offering a simple and accessible tool for leadership coaching. Our tools impact the culture and context in which employees work. We use AI and data analytics to offer self-reflection and targeting coaching for women to advance their careers.
Equal Time began in 2021, when Rachel, a tech executive, realized how hard it was for her team members to gain confidence, speak up, and gain visibility for their work.
There was a persistent problem facing many women she interacted with and that was that they didn't feel safe to speak up and share their perspective. This was holding them back from earning promotions and getting the leadership experience they wanted.
Rachel met Kim, another tech executive, and together they decided to apply their skills to helping underrepresented employees gain an equal chance to succeed at work. They launched the fist Google Meet app in January of 2022, and the Zoom app in August of 2022. Users from 800+ teams have used the app now, and our weekly retention is
Rachel Dowling, CEO
Kim LaRocca, CTO
Former VP Product at TrustYou (B2B SaaS), led 15M EUR product portfolio, new product innovation, and partnerships with Booking.com, TripAdvisor, Accor Hotels
Former B2C Growth PM (grew Study.com by $12M ARR)
Stanford and Oxford alum
Senior Engineering Manager at NYPR
Full Stack Dev and Design
Hacked and hustled - built solo real-estate tech business
Built Black Lives Matter website
Wilfredo Colon, Full Stack Development
Cole Johnson, Design and UX
Maria Startseva, NLP and AI
Valerie Carboni, Marketing
Gerry Piazza, QA
Jarvis Sam, Chief Diversity Officer at Nike
Nicole Abi-Esber, Researcher at Harvard Business School in Organizational Design
David Hall, Stanford ML and AI
John Russ, Former CMO at Coinbase and Zapier
Rachel Ernst, Director of HR at Udemy
Cory Hutchison, Enterprise Software, Security and Privacy
Laura Bloomer, Founder of Backed Technology, former VC
James Menezes, Former VP Operations at Funnel
Yoland Moutama, CMO at Digip
INVESTORS and SUPPORTERS
A number of fantastic angel investors ....
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
BY THE NUMBERS
Uniqueness is powerful.
We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability, and experience. As an inclusive workplace we aim to make our employees, contractors, advisors, and mentors feel comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work every day.
We will intentionally create a diverse and inclusive team as we grow.
- Seek to have a diverse candidate pool for all open roles
- Create diverse hiring committees to make hiring decisions
- Mitigate bias by conducting unconscious bias training and continuing our own education about cultures and histories around the world.
- Conduct self-reflection and assess our internal DEI readiness. Our last self-assessment was completed June 17, 2022 and is accessible here.
Equal Time is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Equal Time is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Everyone is welcome! We welcome all employees, no matter their gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, ability, interests etc. We strive to treat our team members, partners, customers, and investors with care, kindness and respect.
- Data-Driven. We believe data facilitates better decisions. We embrace testing and learning from what we have done. As Nelson Mandela says, we never "fail". We just win or learn.
- Get Things Done. We have a bias for action and like to try things out. We believe in the 80/20 rule, and focus on the 20% that matters the most.
- Scout Mindset. We believe in learning and have an open mind about the world. We are on the lookout for new data to confirm or disprove our hypotheses. We are loyal seekers of truth.
- Have Fun! We celebrate each other's successes, let loose, share jokes, and support each other. As a team, we like to enjoy each other's company and enjoy our days together :)
We are proud to be aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 interlinked global goals designed to be a "blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all". The SDGs were set up in 2015 by the United Nations General Assembly and are intended to be achieved by the year 2030.
Equalicert is proud to support these goals:
Equalicert is aligned with
ISO 30415:2021 Human resource management - Diversity and inclusion
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an up to date pitch deck. We have a round open currently and can take investments from $20,000 from Accredited Investors.