HOW IT WORKS: SMALL BUSINESSES
Companies with 5-50 employees
Please get in touch with us to schedule a consultation.
A score of 80% must be achieved on the assessment. Various points are awarded based on each evaluated area.
Criteria for evaluation:
- At least 40% of employees are female (4pts)
- At least 15% of employees are from underrepresented groups (2pts)
- Leadership team has at least one woman (1pt)
- Leadership team has 2 or more women (1pt)
- Leadership team has representation from under represented groups (1pt)
- Flexible work is available (1pt)
- Sexual harassment training for all employees (2pts)
- Unconscious bias or Inclusion training available for employees (1pt)
- Source 10% or more of materials from women-owned businesses or diverse owned suppliers (2pts)
- Donate 1% of profit to a nonprofit that supports diversity and inclusion (1pt)
- Parental leave available for all genders (2 pts)
- Paid parental leave or subsidized childcare (1pt)
- Signed commitment supporting diversity posted on your website (2pts)
STEPS TO CERTIFICATION
1. SUBMIT COMPANY DATA
Description and supporting documentation proof for the above requirements.
Once a year, we will conduct 60 min interviews with key stakeholders to understand their strategy for diversity, equity and inclusivity. Much of a culture comes from the top, so understanding strategy is a vital step. This includes an interview with:
- Head of HR (if available)
- Head of Compliance (if available)
3. ANONYMOUS FEEDBACK
The lived experience and verification from employees is important. We will send an anonymous survey to your current employees to ask them about a variety of topics including:
- Parental leave and flexible work
- Their experience with their manager and other employees
- Their experience with sexual harassment and reporting uncomfortable situations
- Experiences with promotions, raises, and career path
- Points that you have
RECEIVE YOUR DATA DASHBOARD
This includes a Funnel Analyses, Wage Reports, and Anonymous feedback collected from your employees.
VIEW ANONYMOUS FEEDBACK
This can be very illuminating for understanding the lived experience of your employees.
PEER GROUP COMPARISON
Benchmark your organization against peer organizations in your industry and of similar sizes.
Download infographic reports to demonstrate your efforts for closing the pay gap. Use on your webpage, in employer branding, and recruiting. If you received the WIW certificate or not, this is a valuable 3rd party analysis that you can use to show your commitment to transparency, a respectful work environment and efforts to improve the gender wage gap.
Download a sample below.
DETAILED ACTION PLANS TO REMEDY GAPS
We work with qualified DEI consultants and HR experts to hand-assemble an action plan roadmap for your organization.
Our goal is to help all companies achieve equal pay and fair representation of women in leadership. We can offer expert tips and advice and help you to create an inclusive workplaces, attract talent, and create a diverse management team and achieve equal pay.
Action plans may include:
- Writing job descriptions that will increase your female applicant rate
- Reviewing your promotion pathways to result in more women getting promoted
- How to address wage inequity if it is discovered
- How to tackle this topic transparently in your organization to build trust and retain your talent
- How to display your information publicly to increase transparency, trust, and show your dedication to the issue.
If you have earned the Inclusive Workplace Certificate, you may use it online and on physical goods. For example:
- On LinkedIn and Glassdoor
- Listing on our website as a certified workplace
- Use the infographic for your website
- Your website
- Product packaging
- Social media, Instagram, Facebook
- Shopping marketplaces